These are not your typical trail rides, though, where you're in a long line with
20 other riders, riding around on a horse you know nothing about, scared to do anything
in case the horse acts up on you!
At Equine Kingdom, your trail ride package lasts for a little over
- You'll arrive about 5-10 minutes early, so you'll have time to sign a release
form before you ride.
- A group of up to 7 people can ride at a time, but smaller groups are preferred.
- When your lesson/trail ride starts, you'll spend 5-10 minutes grooming and tacking
up your horse. If your horses have already been used in a lesson prior to your ride,
then you will get to go ahead and get right on to ride!
- After preparing your horse, you'll head down to the riding arena to mount your
- Then you'll spend about 15-20 minutes in the riding arena, learning to start,
stop, steer, turn, and maneuver your horse over and around obstacles.
- Your lesson in the arena helps you learn about your horse, and get comfortable
controlling your horse.
- After your lesson, you'll spend the remainder of your hour (about 30 minutes)
on a trail ride through the woods and around the property, maneuvering up and down
hills, through the woods, and on a scenic tour around the farm to see all the horses!
Children and adults ages 3 and up are eligible to go on these trail rides. Children
under 12 will have a handler walking next to the horse unless they have extensive
riding experience. Rider must be 350 pounds or lighter. We do not allow children
to ride with adults, it is unsafe.
*Make sure you wear long pants and closed toed shoes for comfort. Helmets
are provided and required for ALL riders, NO exceptions!*
Meet Our Wonderful, Safe Trail Horses!
|2019 Lesson Horses
26 year old Quarter Horse mare
18 y/o Morgan/Quarter Mare
22 year old Arabian Gelding
by Bella L.)
15 year old Paint Gelding
(owned by Nancy T.)
Back to Riding Lessons